- ► 2013 (5)
- 30 - Boricuas Arrazan con premios en torneo de pesca de marlin blanco
- 06 - Mako shark attacks 600-pound swordfish - by David Strege
- 14 - 72 ILTTA Results
- 31 - Angler's first-ever marlin nets whopping sum of $2.4 million
- 24 - XXXIV Arecibo, PR Sailfish Classic
- 02 - Blue Marlin Pics!
- 01 - Gaviota Takes the 59th International Billfish Tournament @ San Juan, PR
- 19 - Equipo Ballyhoo campeón en IV Válida de pesca
- 05 - PEJE WINS 40TH ANNIVERSARY USVI OPEN/ATLANTIC BLUE MARLIN TOURNAMENT, VALDES EARNS TOP ANGLER
- 13 - Big Win for Karla on the 36th Vega Baja, PR Blue Marlin Classic
- 06 - Kiana & Double Interest Top Boats @ Arecibo, PR Blue Marlin Tournament
- 21 - 36th Vega Baja, PR Blue Marlin Classic
- 05 - Queen Of Hearts Takes Out The Blue Marlin World Cup
- 04 - BLACK GOLD WINS 49TH JULY OPEN BILLFISH TOURNAMENT
- 23 - Southport 28' TATATA & Sea Vee 32' Bayside @ Cap Cana, DR
- 23 - Shark Bite Wins 2012 International Billfish Shootout
- 03 - Cap Cana April Whites
- 28 - AVET Reels NOW Available @ Bayside Bait and Tackle
- 27 - Take action to protect billfish today by asking your Congressman to support the Billfish Conservation Act of 2011
- 27 - Lions and Tigers of the Sea
- 10 - EVELYN Best Boat on CYC Sailfish Tournament
- 10 - Lady Magic Takes the Lead with 700pts in the 1st Puerto Rico Billfish Challenge
- 02 - The short man and the sea
- 02 - Arecibo Nautical Club Presents: 31st Sailfish Classic
- 02 - 8th Cangrejos Yacht Club Sailfish Tournament
- 19 - 1st Puerto Rico Web Billfish Challenge
- 12 - Reglas y Premios para el gran pasadía de pesca a beneficio de SER de PR
- 12 - Polyp Wins XXIII International Light Tackle Blue Marlin Tournament
- 04 - Pacemaker wins 2011 Boquerón Nautical Club Blue Marlin Tournament
- 29 - Kites vs. Trolling – Which Reigns Supreme
- 28 - Monster blue marlin caught after 28-hour battle off Cabo San Lucas
- 23 - Gran Pasadia de Pesca de SER de Puerto Rico
- 23 - 37th Boqueron Nautical Club Blue Marlin Tournament
- 21 - Yardita wins VII Marina Boquerón Blue Marlin Tournament
- 20 - NOAA y Sea Grant PR Establecen Plan Piloto para Reportar Agujas Abordadas
- 12 - Mayte Wins Top Boat in the 2011 IBTSJ
- 31 - 58 International Billfish Tournament
- 18 - St. Thomas, USVI - Revenge Top Boat at 39th Atlantic Blue Marlin Tournament
- 08 - Vega Baja, PR - Grand Illusion wins Blue Marlin Tournament
- 02 - Gio Takes 1st Place in Arecibo, PR
- ► June (1)► May (2)
- ► November (1)
- ► November (8)
Powered by mod LCA
- Hits: 1782
August 18, 2011
Anglers from United States, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean will meet in San Juan, Puerto Rico, for the 58th edition of the International Billfish Tournament of Club Náutico de San Juan Sept. 4-11, 2011.
Chairman Frankie Mirandés said that approximately 55 battlewagons and 250 top-notch deep sea fishing anglers will compete in the quest for the Atlantic Blue Marlin in this All Release format, four fishing day tournament using 50 LB. test line. Participating countries are: Australia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Scotland-UK, South Africa, USA, USVI, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico.
“You don’t need to charter a fishing boat,” said Mirandés, explaining one of the event’s uniqueness. Anglers fish on board the best yachts from the tournament’s armada, and rotate every day to meet new anglers, and exchange new information.
“International anglers love this system!! It promotes info sharing, sportsmanship and camaraderie,” explains Mirandés. Other highlights include transportation from the airport to the hotel (pending previous arrangements with the Organizing Committee), and assistance.
“Anglers enjoy this VIP attention, fishing with the very best in the region with no hassle. You have to simply show up at the Club, have breakfast and fish in a comfortable yacht assigned to you every morning and on a daily basis,” explains Mirandés.
This year, the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) will launch its new IGFA Marlin Open Race event worldwide in San Juan. It consist of a “race” among anglers from different parts of the world whose “competition” consists of how far away a satellite pop-up tag is released, in comparison to the place in the ocean where it was deployed.
IGFA informed that “in the days leading up to a billfish tournament,angling teams are invited to sponsor pop-up archival satellite tags (PATs) to be placed on fish caught and released during the event. 120 days after each tag is deployed, it automatically releases itself from the fish – and its exact location is determined by earth-orbiting ARGOS satellites. In a given tournament, the tag that surfaces furthest from where it was initially deployed wins the race for that tournament. The IGFA Great Marlin Race will last 12 months, encompass many tournaments, and deploy 50 PATs on a variety of billfish species in the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Oceans.”
The Tournament aggressively promotes conservation, and anglers are requested to release all their captures as soon as possible. It is the longest consecutively held big game fishing tournament in the world.
For companions, the IBT of Club Náutico de San Juan offers unparallel entertainment. “Fishing widows” enjoy a busy agenda with special events and gatherings prepared by the Ladies Committee. “We are the best fishing tournament for companions!” says Mirandés. Various extraordinary social activities are included. This year’s main party will be “The 80’s are Back!!”
Enjoy the magic of the IBT of Club Náutico de San Juan!
CONTACT FOR MEDIA:
Virginia de los Reyes
Club Náutico (787) 722-0177